Duke's Gaming During Covid-19
The Welsh Government has confirmed further restrictions will take place from 27th December 2021 – including the restriction of indoor organised activities. For more information, please click here.
All reasonable measures have been taken to maintain 2 metre distancing in The Arcade building, specifically the entrance way. Where this is not practical, other reasonable measures have been taken to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus.
There will be no more than 8 customers/players allowed in the store at a time, so it is more important than ever to book your table in advance to avoid disappointment. To reserve your gaming spot, book your table here.
- Every person entering Duke’s Gaming must wear a face mask throughout their visit, covering the nose and mouth.
- Anti-bacterial gel must be used on entering and exiting Duke’s Gaming. This will be readily available at the till point next to the main door.
- Following usage, tables are cleaned down with anti-bacterial cleaning fluid and all scenery/models/playmats etc. supplied by the store for that game will be isolated for a minimum of 72 hours following usage.
- All customers and players visiting Duke’s Gaming must strictly handle their own miniatures, dice, cards, etc. only and not anything that is not their own property.
- There will be no borrowing of tools/dice/books etc. or using other people’s either.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres is in strict adherence. Gaming tables have been re-organised so that every player and visitor will be at least 2 metres away from each other.
- All games will need to be pre-booked. Space is limited and a non-refundable deposit will be required to secure a table. Your details will also be required should we need to provide them to support NHS Test, Trace, Protect.
- If you are experiencing, or have been in contact with anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms in the past 10 days, please do not come to the store. Self-isolate and click here for support.
These guidelines are under review regularly but can change at any time. Should you wish to get in touch with Duke’s Gaming, please contact us at email@example.com.
With key stock-suppliers returning to restricted operation, all orders placed online will continue to be fulfilled where stock is available. Should stock be showing in the store then every attempt will be made to get it sent to you via an appropriate delivery service. If stock does not have a stock number showing then it will be available to order and will be dispatched as soon as it arrives from the supplier in question. Should this situation change then customers will be notified within 24 hours of placing an order. Please be aware that there are delays on all postage services, so the usual 2 to 5 working day lead time may be extended. If you wish to get in touch with any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook page.
Commission painting is still ongoing, and will only be affected by delivery restrictions. Again, please get in touch if you have any commissions currently on order or if you have anything you would like to be commissioned.
Please stay safe, abide by Government advisement, and we look forward to seeing you all!